In honor of Children’s Book Week, the Smith Library is hosting a Book Trailer Contest. Just like a movie trailer encourages us to watch the movie, a great book trailer entices viewers into reading the book. Prizes are awarded to the top three trailers. Winning trailers will be featured on the Smith Reads blog, www.smithreads.blogspot.com . All entries that meet appropriate guidelines will be featured on the Smith Reads Youtube Channel!
- Participants must be students at Smith Elementary in grades 3, 4 or 5.
- Participants may work alone or in a group of 2 to 4.
- Each submission must be between 1-5 minutes.
- Trailers must feature a book available at the Smith Library.
- Entries must include the title of the book and the author’s name.
- In the end credits please list group members and any borrowed media (images, music, and sounds from Soundzabound, http://www.soundzabound.com/ ).
- Your video may not contain content that is inappropriate.
- Each participant must obtain written Parent or Legal Guardian permission before entries are considered. Permission slip must be returned with entry to Mrs. Pelias in the library.
- Please submit your entries via jump drive or DVD to Mrs. Pelias in the library by April 30 @ 3:00pm. The entry must include the name of the participants. Jump Drive and DVD will be returned if appropriately labeled with name, grade, and teacher.
All appropriate submissions will be posted on SmithReads YouTube Channel.
How to Get Started
- Take a look at some examples done by kids and by book publishers.
- Use attached planning page to brainstorm. Then write a script.
- Be aware of copyright laws. Please use Soundzabound for background music and NOT popular songs you hear on the radio. For user name and password to Soundszabound, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Videos which violate copyright laws will be disqualified.
Winners will be announced at Celebrate Smith during Children's Book Week on May 17, 2013. Library staff will choose the winners. First Prize is a $15 Gift card to Barnes and Noble, Second Prize is a $10 Gift card to Barnes and Noble, and Third Prize is a $5 Gift card to Barnes and Noble.
Questions? Email Mrs. Pelias at email@example.com