The Smith Library is growing a storybook pumpkin patch, and we need your help! Students in Grades 1, 3 and 5 can decorate a pumpkin to look like a favorite storybook character and bring it to the library to “plant” in our Storybook Pumpkin Patch!
No real pumpkins will be accepted.
· Think of your favorite book and design your pumpkin based on your favorite character from that book. We will display the book with your pumpkin character!
· Purchase a plastic or resin pumpkin at a store that is no larger than a basketball.
· Only Plastic or Resin pumpkins will be accepted and are perfect choices for this project!
· Gather your decorating supplies. Spray paint and acrylic will work. Parents need to monitor the use of these paints in your home or garage. Other options include adding materials such as yarn, buttons, wiggly eyes, etc.
· Fill out a name card from Mrs. Pelias in the library.
· Bring your finished pumpkin character and name card to the library starting Monday, October 5, 2015.
· Pumpkins are to be taken home at the end of school on Wednesday, November 18. If your child needs assistance getting it home please make arrangements.
· All pumpkins will be disposed of on November 20 at 3:30 pm.
· Participation is completely voluntary, and this is not a contest. You may work with a friend if you would like!
· Have fun and be creative.