Friday, April 7, 2017
Students at Smith and all over Frisco are participating in the April's Happiness Challenge! Frisco ISD shared 5 simple steps to making each day a positive one.
1. Write a list of 3 things you are thankful for daily.
2. Keep a Happiness Journal of positive things that happen each day.
3. Create a card, email or text for a friend.
4. Take 5 minutes each day for quiet time to think, pray or meditate.
5. Exercise for at least 10 minutes each day.
Smith students and staff are creating Happiness Journals in the library this week and next. Each child is designing their own booklets and writing positive things down daily. This is a great way to end the day on a happy note.
Parents can help by encouraging students to share positive things the students do at school during dinner time or bedtime routines. Parents could also create their own happiness or gratitude journals to role model a positive attitude for the children.